- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Starter: (Do not refrigerate)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Day 1 -- Mix 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour.
- Days 2 through 4 -- Stir each day.
- Day 5 -- Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour.
- Days 6 through 9 -- Stir each day.
- Day 10 -- Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour.
- Into each of three containers, put 1 cup of the mixture. Give to 3 friends or keep one for yourself as a starter and give 2 away.
- With remaining batter, mis the "bread" ingredientsAdd these ingredients to starter. Pour mixture into 2 loaf pans or 1 bundt cake pan that has been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. You can also add raisins, blueberries, nuts, apples, bananas, etc. if you desire. Yield 2 loaves or 1 cake.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More