- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Starter: (Do not refrigerate)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Day 1 -- Mix 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour.
- Days 2 through 4 -- Stir each day.
- Day 5 -- Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour.
- Days 6 through 9 -- Stir each day.
- Day 10 -- Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour.
- Into each of three containers, put 1 cup of the mixture. Give to 3 friends or keep one for yourself as a starter and give 2 away.
- With remaining batter, mis the "bread" ingredientsAdd these ingredients to starter. Pour mixture into 2 loaf pans or 1 bundt cake pan that has been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. You can also add raisins, blueberries, nuts, apples, bananas, etc. if you desire. Yield 2 loaves or 1 cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More