- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 3/4 C. butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 (4.67 oz.) pkg. mint Andes candies (56 pieces total)
- 1 ((7 oz.) jar Marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 22 oz. white baking chocolate, divided
- 1/2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- Green or red food coloring (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 236ºF (soft ball stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in candies until melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in Marshmallow cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread into a buttered 15 x 10-inch pan; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 96 pieces; roll each into a ball (mixture will be soft). Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt 18 ounces of white chocolate and chocolate chips. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on wax paper to harden. Melt remaining white chocolate; add food coloring, if desired. Drizzle over truffles. Store in an airtight containers. Yields 8 dozen
NotesMy family loves my version-try it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cooking for a CureSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More