- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 25
BackstoryMy family loves my version-try it!
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 3/4 C. butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 (4.67 oz.) pkg. mint Andes candies (56 pieces total)
- 1 ((7 oz.) jar Marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 22 oz. white baking chocolate, divided
- 1/2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- Green or red food coloring (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 236ºF (soft ball stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in candies until melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in Marshmallow cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread into a buttered 15 x 10-inch pan; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 96 pieces; roll each into a ball (mixture will be soft). Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt 18 ounces of white chocolate and chocolate chips. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on wax paper to harden. Melt remaining white chocolate; add food coloring, if desired. Drizzle over truffles. Store in an airtight containers. Yields 8 dozen