- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 1/2 ounces pork rinds, crushed fine, 1/3 cup
- 2-4 eggs, beaten
- 2 thin sausage patties
- In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs; stir in the cream, Splenda and extract. Stir in the pork rinds and let stand 10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Meanwhile, cook the sausage patties in a very large nonstick skillet; set aside and keep warm. Wipe out the skillet and heat a little oil in it on medium heat. Spoon the batter in four portions into the hot skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove the pancakes from the pan and let stand at room temperature to cool off a little.
- Heat a little butter in the skillet and cook the remaining 2-4 eggs. Rather than scrambling them up in the pan, I suggest letting them form a sort of egg "patty", flipping to cook both sides. Place one griddle cake on each of two plates. Top each with half the scrambled eggs and a sausage patty. Top with the other two griddle cakes.