- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a pan, heat over medium high heat, apple cider, lemon juice, rosemary, and pepper.
- Reduce heat. Add heavy cream to pan. Cook and stir until reduced by half and thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Note: If using milk or low-fat milk in place of heavy cream, thicken sauce with 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons apple cider.
NotesI have never made this but have saved it because I think it would go well served hot over an apple pie or apple dumpling if the rosemary pepper and parsley were left out. As it is I think this would go well with a pork roast or chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
MetroCooking DC 2013
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More