- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a pan, heat over medium high heat, apple cider, lemon juice, rosemary, and pepper.
- Reduce heat. Add heavy cream to pan. Cook and stir until reduced by half and thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Note: If using milk or low-fat milk in place of heavy cream, thicken sauce with 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons apple cider.
NotesI have never made this but have saved it because I think it would go well served hot over an apple pie or apple dumpling if the rosemary pepper and parsley were left out. As it is I think this would go well with a pork roast or chicken.