- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Loaf Of French Bread
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 1/2 Cups Of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Of Vanilla
- 3 Teaspoons Of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Sugar;
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 6-8 Apples (Cortland Or Similar)
- 1/4 Stick Of Butter
- Slice bread into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with corn oil or non-stick spay. Place bread in pan tightly.
- Beat eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla with whisk for about 30 seconds.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over bread.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place slices on top of bread to cover.
- Pour balance of egg mixture over top of apples.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover pan and bake for 1 hour. Bread will rise and brown nicely. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sausage if you wish.
NotesThis is from a friend of mine, from a bed and breakfast they stayed at.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
MetroCooking DC 2013
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More