- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Granny Smith apples (or other tart baking apples, or 2 cups apple juice) The apple juice
- works fine!
- 3/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Quarter the apples, and juice them through a fruit juicer with peels on (this helps keep the color of the ice a nice, bright green).
- Add Simple Syrup and lemon juice to taste. Pour into a shallow pan or glass baking dish and place in the freezer. After 20 minutes, scrape the pan to break up the frozen bits and create slush. Do this again after 30 minutes, then put the pan in the freezer until you’re ready to serve. (You can also do this in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s directions.)
- Note: You may freeze the apple mixture overnight into a solid block, then scrape it as you would a granita the next day. ( Serve with
- Apple Tart )
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More