- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (9 inch) pie shell
- 10 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a large pot.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix well and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until apples are tender but not mushy.
- Pour apple mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Cover with second pastry shell. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Vegan Eats!See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More