- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tart apples, locally grown if possible
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) walnuts, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely slivered fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the apples from the cores, leaving the skins intact, and cut the fruit into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Toss the apple pieces with the lime juice and set aside.
- Cut the chilies in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and white ribs. Slice them thinly. Add to the apples. Add the onion, cilantro, walnuts, ginger and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Food Travels Through Italy
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More