- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tart apples, locally grown if possible
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) walnuts, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely slivered fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the apples from the cores, leaving the skins intact, and cut the fruit into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Toss the apple pieces with the lime juice and set aside.
- Cut the chilies in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and white ribs. Slice them thinly. Add to the apples. Add the onion, cilantro, walnuts, ginger and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More