- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Preparation Time:
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb.), tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. puff pastry, defrosted if frozen
- 1/2 lb. soft goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 1/2 tsp. water
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8 min.
- Transfer to paper towels.
- Pour off all but 1 Tbs. of the bacon fat from the pan.
- Add the shallot to the pan and sauté for about 1 min.
- Add the asparagus and cook over medium-high heat until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 min. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Crumble the bacon into tiny pieces and mix it with the asparagus and shallot.
- On a lightly floured piece of kitchen parchment, roll out the pastry to a 10x16-inch rectangle. Transfer the pastry and the parchment to a baking sheet.
- Using your fingers, pat the goat cheese onto the pastry, spreading it as evenly as you can and leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle the asparagus, bacon, and shallot mixture evenly over the goat cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the edge of the tart with the egg wash.
- Bake until the pastry is golden brown, 20 to 25 min.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More