- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds medium asparagus, tough ends discarded, tips reserved and stalks coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1. In a bowl, blend the crème fraîche(OR SOUR CREAM) with the parsley, chives, tarragon and the lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus tips until tender; drain and transfer to a plate.
- 2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes. Add the stock and water and bring to a boil. Add the chopped asparagus and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and a few grindings of pepper. Boil over moderately high heat until the asparagus are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender and pour it into a clean saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the asparagus tips and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Ladle the soup into warmed shallow bowls. Top with large dollops of the lemon-herb crème fraîche and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More