ASPARAGUS WITH MUSTARD VINAGRETTE
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 11/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound (1 bunch) asparagus
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil, followed by the shallot. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside.
Snap the tough ends off the asparagus. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain asparagus thoroughly and transfer to a serving platter. Whisk the vinaigrette to recombine it and drizzle over the asparagus. Sprinkle with chopped eggs, chives and parsley. Serve at once.