ASPARAGUS WITH MUSTARD VINAGRETTE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 11/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound (1 bunch) asparagus
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil, followed by the shallot. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain asparagus thoroughly and transfer to a serving platter. Whisk the vinaigrette to recombine it and drizzle over the asparagus. Sprinkle with chopped eggs, chives and parsley. Serve at once.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More