- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 Masa Harina or corn meal
- 1/3 cup sugar ( I recommend a little less, but it's great with out sugar, too)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground cinnamon
- In a sauce pan, stir together 1/2 cup milk milk, water and tortilla flour.
- Blend in remaining milk, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Heat through and serve hot in mugs.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
NotesThis tasty Latin beverage should be under breakfast, but the breakfast category doesn't seem to include beverages. It;s very filling! Thick, too.
In Mexico, people enjoy this grainy beverage with fruit, cinnamon or nuts. It will warm you up, so it's terrific for winter.