- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 Masa Harina or corn meal
- 1/3 cup sugar ( I recommend a little less, but it's great with out sugar, too)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground cinnamon
- In a sauce pan, stir together 1/2 cup milk milk, water and tortilla flour.
- Blend in remaining milk, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Heat through and serve hot in mugs.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
NotesThis tasty Latin beverage should be under breakfast, but the breakfast category doesn't seem to include beverages. It;s very filling! Thick, too.
In Mexico, people enjoy this grainy beverage with fruit, cinnamon or nuts. It will warm you up, so it's terrific for winter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More