- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 6 thick bacon slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup butter
- A 10 ounce jar of small oysters
- 6 eggs
- enough all purpose flour to dredge the oysters
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs-Panko works great as well
- 1 TBS water
- 1/2 tps salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 TBS fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a well seasoned skillet, medium size, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp and brown.
- Remove from heat, drain and keep warm.
- Discard bacon grease.
- Add 3 TBS of the butter to the pan swirl until melted.
- While the bacon cooks, drain the oysters and pat dry.
- Beat one of the eggs until all the white and yellow are combined and it's fluffy.
- Coat the oysters with the flour, then the egg and finish with the bread crumbs.
- Add the oysters to the melted butter and cook over medium low heat until the oysters are brown on the first side, turn the oysters over and brown the other side.
- When you turn the oysters, sprinkle with parsley
- As the oysters cook, break remaining eggs into the same bowl as the first egg along with the salt, pepper and water.
- Beat until foamy and well combined, at least 30 seconds.
- When you turn the oysters, after adding parsley, add the eggs.
- Cook like a frittata ie, let it cook until the bottom is partially cooked then raise a corner of the cooked egg and tilt the pan until the runny egg on top goes under the already cooked egg and cook that part, repeat until the eggs are nearly set.
- Then cover skillet with a large plate, invert the pan so that the entire mixture falls on the plate.
- Add remaining butter to the pan, swirl until melted and slide the egg mixture back into the pan to finish (so that the top is now "the bottom".
- When firm, remove from pan, cut in 4 wedges and garnish each wedge with two half bacon slices.
NotesFrom CA's Goldrush days, a gold country classic.
Its not hard to make, tastes great and may lead you to discover a new motherlode, good luck.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More