- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- Wash and trim the ends off the cucumber. (It is not necessary to peel the cucumber) Cut the cucumber into thirds. Chop 2/3 and dice 1/3. (The diced cucumber will be used for garnish)
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit and the skin.
- Chop the green onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the chopped cucumber, avocado, green onions and mint to the blender. Pour in the buttermilk and water. (Plain yogurt or sour cream may be substituted for the buttermilk.)
- Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Chill for up to 3 hours before serving
- Garnish with diced cucumber
- Adapted from: Gourmet
NotesCold soups are perfect to serve on hot summer nights. This one requires no cooking at all!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More