- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- Wash and trim the ends off the cucumber. (It is not necessary to peel the cucumber) Cut the cucumber into thirds. Chop 2/3 and dice 1/3. (The diced cucumber will be used for garnish)
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit and the skin.
- Chop the green onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the chopped cucumber, avocado, green onions and mint to the blender. Pour in the buttermilk and water. (Plain yogurt or sour cream may be substituted for the buttermilk.)
- Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Chill for up to 3 hours before serving
- Garnish with diced cucumber
- Adapted from: Gourmet
NotesCold soups are perfect to serve on hot summer nights. This one requires no cooking at all!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More