AARDAPPEL PUREE MET HAM EN UIEN - DUTCH PUREE OF POTATOES WITH HAM AN ONIONS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound diced ham
- 8 large boiled potatoes
- 2 chopped medium sized onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- Rub the boiled potatoes through a sieve or mash with fork.
- Stir in milk and salt.
- Fry the onions in butter, add to the potato mixture.
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish and put in layers of potato puree.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, and dot with hunks of butter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesThere is a Dutch proverb that says it all: "Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal" ( It is the taste that tells the tale). This recipe we found in our Dutch cookbook called "Mamma's Favorite Dutch Recipes."
Decadent Desserts Made From
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More