AARDAPPEL PUREE MET HAM EN UIEN - DUTCH PUREE OF POTATOES WITH HAM AN ONIONS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound diced ham
- 8 large boiled potatoes
- 2 chopped medium sized onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- Rub the boiled potatoes through a sieve or mash with fork.
- Stir in milk and salt.
- Fry the onions in butter, add to the potato mixture.
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish and put in layers of potato puree.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, and dot with hunks of butter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesThere is a Dutch proverb that says it all: "Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal" ( It is the taste that tells the tale). This recipe we found in our Dutch cookbook called "Mamma's Favorite Dutch Recipes."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More