AARDAPPEL PUREE MET HAM EN UIEN - DUTCH PUREE OF POTATOES WITH HAM AN ONIONS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound diced ham
- 8 large boiled potatoes
- 2 chopped medium sized onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- Rub the boiled potatoes through a sieve or mash with fork.
- Stir in milk and salt.
- Fry the onions in butter, add to the potato mixture.
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish and put in layers of potato puree.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, and dot with hunks of butter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesThere is a Dutch proverb that says it all: "Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal" ( It is the taste that tells the tale). This recipe we found in our Dutch cookbook called "Mamma's Favorite Dutch Recipes."
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More