AARDAPPEL PUREE MET HAM EN UIEN - DUTCH PUREE OF POTATOES WITH HAM AN ONIONS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound diced ham
- 8 large boiled potatoes
- 2 chopped medium sized onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- Rub the boiled potatoes through a sieve or mash with fork.
- Stir in milk and salt.
- Fry the onions in butter, add to the potato mixture.
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish and put in layers of potato puree.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, and dot with hunks of butter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesThere is a Dutch proverb that says it all: "Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal" ( It is the taste that tells the tale). This recipe we found in our Dutch cookbook called "Mamma's Favorite Dutch Recipes."
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Fueling a FirehouseSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More