- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large red onions, peeled, halved and then into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large green bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Kosher salt
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep, skillet over medium heat. Stir in the red onions and cook, stirring often, until they are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green peppers and cook until they are wilted enough to make room for the red peppers.
- Add the red peppers, season the vegetables lightly with salt and adjust the heat to low.
- Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- The vegetables can be prepared several hours in advance. Reheat them over low heat just before serving.