- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1/2 pound chopped shrimp
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tspn thyme
- 1 tspn parsley
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper finely chopped
- (use two for spicy)
- salt and pepper to taste
- combine green pepper, scallions, onions and scotch bonnet in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except water and mix thuroughly.
- slowly stir in water until mixture is smooth (kind of like pancake batter).
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and fry until both sides are brown in a pan or deep fryer.
NotesThis is a recipe i found on http://www.islandflave.com/recipes under Trinidad recipes. I was part of a pot luck group in Dallas and we had Caribbean food night. I tried this and it was a big hit. I only used one habanero pepper and thought it needed a little more spice so you might wanna try two.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Food Travels Through Italy
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More