- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- Acorn Squash
- Egg Noodles - or any of your choice
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Green onion
- Sauce of your choice
- Italian Sausage Links
- The amounts depend on your casserole dish size.
- Halve squash, seed, and place in roasting pan. Add about an inch of water. Drizzle on olive oil, salt and pepper, and place a few cloves of garlic inside the squash halves. Bake @ 425 until tender but still firm.
- Boil egg noodles, drain and set aside while the squash bakes.
- Also during this time cook the sausage. Cut open links and brown sausage.
- When the sausage is almost done, add diced onion to taste.
- Let the squash cool. The squash can easily be baked the day before and tucked away in the fridge until you are ready to make the casserole.
- Once the squash is cool, dice up the "meat" of the squash. Discard the peel.
- Mix cheese, noodles, sausage, and red sauce. Fold in squash. Be careful not to over stir or it will become mush.
- Cover with a layer of cheese.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
NotesThis is an easy way to serve squash to your family. Any type can be used.
To simplify use pre-cut squash and sauce. You can even cook the squash a day or two in advance and covered in the fridge until you are ready.
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cartier CreationsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More