- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- Acorn Squash
- Egg Noodles - or any of your choice
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Green onion
- Sauce of your choice
- Italian Sausage Links
- The amounts depend on your casserole dish size.
- Halve squash, seed, and place in roasting pan. Add about an inch of water. Drizzle on olive oil, salt and pepper, and place a few cloves of garlic inside the squash halves. Bake @ 425 until tender but still firm.
- Boil egg noodles, drain and set aside while the squash bakes.
- Also during this time cook the sausage. Cut open links and brown sausage.
- When the sausage is almost done, add diced onion to taste.
- Let the squash cool. The squash can easily be baked the day before and tucked away in the fridge until you are ready to make the casserole.
- Once the squash is cool, dice up the "meat" of the squash. Discard the peel.
- Mix cheese, noodles, sausage, and red sauce. Fold in squash. Be careful not to over stir or it will become mush.
- Cover with a layer of cheese.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
NotesThis is an easy way to serve squash to your family. Any type can be used.
To simplify use pre-cut squash and sauce. You can even cook the squash a day or two in advance and covered in the fridge until you are ready.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Cooking with Sabra
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More