- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 acorn squash
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 6 dried apricots, diced
- 2 large dried apple rings (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. flour
- 1 tsp. allspice
- ¼ cup crushed almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 X 13" pan.
- Cut in half and scoop out center to make a nice 'bowl' for the compote. But leave enough squash to eat.
- Take each half of the acorn squash and place face side up in a pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients together; except butter, it is to be cut up and placed on top of fruit mix. Fill equal amounts of the fruit mix into the 2 halves of acorn. Cut up butter a place on top of fruit. Brush the rim of the squash with additional melted butter, honey, or maple syrup.
- Cover with foil (lightly tent) and bake 20 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until squash is tender when speared with a fork.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Simple Homemade Favorites
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More