- Cooking Time: 70-90 minutes
- Servings: 12-16 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes, or so
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups plus 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 2 cups of sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice, salt and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. In another bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spread one-third of batter in a greased 10-inch tube pan. Cover with half of the apples. Repeat layers. Spoon remaining batter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Note: It only took me 70 minutes to bake the cake. After cooling 20 minutes, the cake was too soft and warm to remove from the pan without tearing. I let it cool overnight, and it was very easy to remove.
NotesA very tasty cake. Pairs well with cinnamon ice cream!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More