- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 large tomatoes (leave at room temperature)
- 2 soft mozzarella balls
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1. Slice the tomatoes into ½” thick slices. Lightly salt and set aside.
- 2. Slice the mozzarella balls into thin slices. The idea is to have one slice of mozzarella for each slice of tomato.
- 3. Wash the basil and tear off enough leaves so that you have one for each slice of tomato.
- 4. Now you are going to arrange the salad: tomato, mozzarella, basil, tomato, mozzarella, basil, tomato, mozzarella, basil… continue until you run out of tomatoes.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Wisk and add pepper to taste.
- 6. Last step: Drizzle the olive oil mixture so that each tomato and mozzarella receives a lick. Let it set to soak in the goodness of the dressing.
- 7. Serve and wait for all the ooohhhhs and ahhhhhhs.
NotesWhy not balance your menu and add the delicious caprese salad. Pronounced phonetically as “kah-press-ay,” this salad not only looks pretty, it is also very delicious, refreshing, and easy to prepare.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More