- Cooking Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 Min ,ready in 1 Hr
- * 1/2 cup raisins
- * 1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- * 1-1/3 cups white sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- * 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- * 2 eggs
- * 1/3 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- * 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- * 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease three 12 cup muffin pans, or line with paper muffin liners. Soak raisins in hot water for ten minutes to plump, then drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.