- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 50 small cookies
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 14-oz bag good quality shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. each almond and vanilla extracts
- pinch o’ salt
- 1. pre-heat oven to 325 F.
- 2. thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- 3. using wet hands, roll teaspoon size balls onto a parchment (or silpat) lined baking sheet. you’ll have to rinse and re-wet your hands as the batter will begin to stick to your hands. bake on the top rack for 20 minutes or until golden brown. allow to cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
NotesThis recipe was developed by a pre-school teacher my mother works with. The idea was to make a recipe that a four-year old could handle- hence the number of ingredients and a consistency comparable to Elmer’s glue. This tastes better, though.
This recipe is inexpensive and a cinch to throw together. I think I could bake these blindfolded.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More