- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 45
- 4-6 serrano peppers, diced small (the smaller chilies are hottest. Adjust these to your own tastes. Remember that you can add them all day long, but once they are there, you can not take them out again. Please use caution)
- 6 tomatoes, diced small
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (leaves only)
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 avocados, chopped
- Mix all diced ingredients together.
- Add cilantro leaves; salt to taste.
- Allow to set for 1 hour for flavors to meld.
NotesThis salsa recipe comes from a Mexican co-worker. She makes it every time we have food at work. She doesn't speak much English and I don't speak much Spanish, but I did manage to ask her how to make her salsa. She wrote it in Spanish, but I was able to translate it. Like me, she doesn't measure anything. That meant that I had to try it myself a few times to get it right. I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious salsa as much as I do either on chips or your favorite Mexican dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More