- Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup julienned ginger
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- coconut cream (kakang gata) from 2 mature coconuts
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fi sh sauce
- 5 Bicol chilies or jalapeño peppers
- 4 finger chilies
- 1 Marinate chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, and black pepper for at least 2 hours in a covered
- containter at room temperature.
- 2 In a pan, sauté garlic, ginger, and onions, then add the drained marinated chicken. When the
- chicken is half-cooked, add the coconut cream and bay leaves.
- 3 Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Season with fish sauce, add the chilies then serve immediately.
- Yummy tip To get coconut cream from the coconuts, simply run the white coconut flesh through a juicer. Or pour water on the white coconut flesh, stir and let stand for a couple of minutes before squeezing by hand to extract the coconut cream and running it through a cheese cloth to remove any sediments. Canned coconut cream is also readily available in supermarkets
NotesA native dish in the Philippines. Coconut milk is optional.It gives a distinct taste & flavor to the dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More