ADOBONG MANOK SA GATA
- Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup julienned ginger
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- coconut cream (kakang gata) from 2 mature coconuts
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fi sh sauce
- 5 Bicol chilies or jalapeño peppers
- 4 finger chilies
1 Marinate chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, and black pepper for at least 2 hours in a covered
containter at room temperature.
2 In a pan, sauté garlic, ginger, and onions, then add the drained marinated chicken. When the
chicken is half-cooked, add the coconut cream and bay leaves.
3 Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Season with fish sauce, add the chilies then serve immediately.
Yummy tip To get coconut cream from the coconuts, simply run the white coconut flesh through a juicer. Or pour water on the white coconut flesh, stir and let stand for a couple of minutes before squeezing by hand to extract the coconut cream and running it through a cheese cloth to remove any sediments. Canned coconut cream is also readily available in supermarkets