- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 egg yolks
- 1/2 ts salt
- 275 gr granulated sugar
- 4 dl cognac or brandy
- 1/2 ts vanilla essence
- Beat the yolks with the salt and the sugar, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Slowly beat in the cognac or brandy and put the mixture into a double saucepan.
- Heat gently, whisking all the time until the advocaat is warm (not hot) and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
- Pour into a jug and let cool down.
- Advocaat is served in a glass and eaten with a teaspoon, it can also be topped with whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More