ADVOCAAT A DUTCH ALCOHOLIC EGG DRINK
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 egg yolks
- 1/2 ts salt
- 275 gr granulated sugar
- 4 dl cognac or brandy
- 1/2 ts vanilla essence
- Beat the yolks with the salt and the sugar, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Slowly beat in the cognac or brandy and put the mixture into a double saucepan.
- Heat gently, whisking all the time until the advocaat is warm (not hot) and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
- Pour into a jug and let cool down.
- Advocaat is served in a glass and eaten with a teaspoon, it can also be topped with whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More