- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- melted butter
- jelly or applesauce
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Beat together buttermilk and egg yolks, and add the flour mixture.
- Add soda and fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
- Heat the pan and put melted butter in each hole in pan.
- Pour batter into holes, but do not quite fill them.
- Place over low heat and turn quickly when half done.
- Serve very hot with jelly or applesauce.
NotesThese are Danish doughnuts or pancakes. I've only had them once on a trip to Solvang for breakfast. I always said "one day I'm going to buy one of those pans and make my own". I've had this little recipe book forever with this recipe, yet too be made (sigh). Hope to make them soon, because I'm in the mood! Note: These are baked on top of the stove in a pan with a hole for each doughnut. Aebleskiver pans can be purchased at specialty gourmet shops, Bed Bath and Beyond or amazon.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More