- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juicereserved
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the flour, sugar, tapioca, vinegar, and the reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, peanuts, and chilled tapioca mixture.
- Fold in the whipped topping and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
NotesOriginal poster reported:
"A sweet, crunchy, almost candy-like apple salad. For added flavor, use 2 green and 2 red apples!"
recipe from allrecipes.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Summertime SippersSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More