- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown cooking sauce ( Kitchen Bouquet)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork
- In a medium-size saucepan, pour boiling water over apricots, allow to soak for 30 minutes and then cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and saute onions for 10 minutes or until golden.
- When apricots are cooked, mash with a potato masher.
- Add onions, curry powder, brown sauce, salt, brown sugar, garlic and vinegar.
- Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- Place pork cubes evenly in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over pork.
- Cook uncovered for 1 and 1/4 hours, basting meat several times with sauce.
NotesMy step-daughter emailed me this recipe to try and so happy she did. Its wonderful served over rice with chopped green onions sprinkled over. The meat is so moist and tender with just the hint of sweetness. I do use red wine vinegar instead of the cider. To me it just has less tang to it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More