AFRICAN BAR B Q PORK
African Bar B Q Pork
- Servings: 6 - 8
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown cooking sauce ( Kitchen Bouquet)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork
In a medium-size saucepan, pour boiling water over apricots, allow to soak for 30 minutes and then cook until tender.
Meanwhile, heat oil and saute onions for 10 minutes or until golden.
When apricots are cooked, mash with a potato masher.
Add onions, curry powder, brown sauce, salt, brown sugar, garlic and vinegar.
Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
Place pork cubes evenly in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
Pour sauce over pork.
Cook uncovered for 1 and 1/4 hours, basting meat several times with sauce.