- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) roasting chicken, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- seed 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsalted natural-style peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, and brown quickly.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add garlic, onion and potato to the pan; saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with cumin, coriander, black pepper, red pepper and salt.
- Do not let garlic brown.
- Mix in water and browned chicken, and any accumulated juices.
- Place lid on skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir in the peanut butter and garbanzo beans.
- Make sure the peanut butter is blended in.
- Replace lid to simmer for 10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Notes"Inspired by authentic West African cooking, this delicious stew combines vegetables and peanut butter with a little heat from a medley of spices. Alter the recipe to suit your preferences--it lends itself beautifully to improvisation."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More