- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken legs ( 2 lbs ) skin removed
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili power
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut in 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz ) whole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut Chicken legs into drum sticks and thighs; season with salt & pepper.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook Chicken over medium heat turning pieces once 6 minutes unitl browned on all sides . Sprinkle with garlic and chili powder, turn cook 3 minutes more .
- Add sweet potatoe , tomatoes, with their liquid and water . Bring to boil, breaking up tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes .
- Pull chicken from underneath and place ontop . Cover and simmer until meat is opaque. near bone.. and sweet potatoes are fork tender..