- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCan be meaty - with chicken - or vegetarian - with garbanzo beans.
- * 1-2 T olive or canola oil
- * 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- * 1 T finely minced ginger root
- * 2 tsp. finely minced jalapeno
- * salt to taste
- * 1 tsp. chile powder
- * 2 cups chicken stock
- * 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- * 1/4 cp chopped peanuts (optional)
- * 2 T tomato paste
- * 1 T cider vinegar
- * 3 cups diced, cooked chicken roughly chopped, OR 1 can garbanzo beans
- * fresh ground black pepper to taste
- * 3-4 green onions thinly sliced
- Finely chop the red onion, ginger, and jalapeno, and roughly chop the chicken. Heat oil in a heavy pan, add finely diced onion, ginger, and jalapenos, season with salt, and saute about 2 minutes. Add the chile powder, stir into other ingredients, and saute about 1 minute more.
- Combine chicken stock, peanut butter, tomato paste, and apple cider vinegar, stir, and bring to a slight boil.
- After it boils, lower heat to a very gentle simmer. Add chicken OR garbonzo beans OR a combination of both, gently stir to combine, and let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, gently stir again if the oil from the peanut butter has separated. Serve hot, with a generous handful of green onion slices and peanuts on each serving.
Great Everyday Meals
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More