- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bottom layer:
- 200g Whole Hazelnuts
- 125g Icing Sugar
- 5 Eggwhites
- Filling (Top Layer):
- 3 Deci Litres Whipping Cream
- 100g Dark Chocholate
- 8 pieces After Eight Chocholate
- 5 Eggyolks
- 5 to 6 pieces After Eight Chocholates
- 2 Decilitres Whipping Cream
- Bottom layer:Grind the Hazelnuts very finely. Beat eggwhites and Icingsugar stiff, add the hazelnuts carefully.
- Fold a baking sheet in a 24cm Ø Springform (a round cake form that you can open the sides of (checked if my Icelandic Term is the American Term at Williams-Sonoma.com and it is :)))) put the egg mixtue in and divide evenly. Bake in a 175°C Preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool
- Filling (Top Layer): Heat 1/2 Deci litre of the cream and melt the chocholate in it. Let most of the heat cool off. Whip the Eggyolks well, whip the rest of the cream and combine with the eggyolks, then combine the melted chocholate mixture.
- Put the Bottom Layer on a serving plate. Put the frame of the form around it and close. Then pour the chocholate mixture on top and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Decoration: Take the cake out of the freezer one hour before serving. Whip the Cream and put in a pastry bag (I love to use Fun Gun that I bought in New York when I was 20)
- Put nice cream dots tightly together on the edge of the cake and one in the middle. Slice the After Eight pieces like sandwiches so that it makes triangles and divide decorately inside the circle of the cream with the triangle standing. Maybe a couple of mint leaves in the middle.
- Have fun making it and enjoy
- Photo will be added later, next time I finally make it again.
NotesThis is a really refreshing Dessert and very delicious. I got this recipie from a recipie club in Iceland that I helped put on the market at the time and it got really popular. This is one of my many favourites from that time that I dont want to loose.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More