- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp.baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried currants or raisins
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt;
- cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg, sour cream, currants, lemon peel and orange peel.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll into a 7-in. circle.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water.
- Brush over dough.
- Cut into six wedges.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm
NotesA small funnel is handy for separating egg whites from the yolks.Break the egg over the funnel.The whites will run through the funnel,and the yolk will remain.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Christmas CookiesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More