AIKI'S FAVORITE DOGGIE BISCOTTI
Aiki's favorite doggie biscotti
- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: depends on shape
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (you can use jarred, but this way I keep out the sugar)
- 1 cup unsalted organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh - doesn't matter)
- 2 cups oatmeal flour (I just put regular oatmeal in the blender) plus extra for dusting work surface
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 egg
- 1 t baking soda
Preheat oven to 350
mash up blueberries, then mix with peanut butter
add blueberry peanut butter mixture to applesauce and add egg
Incorporate dry ingredients, slowly - it will get pretty solid.
lay parchment paper on cookie sheet, and roll dough into 1/4 inch thick layer.
Cut into shapes if you want to - or just cut into rectangles 1/2 inch by 2 inches (I'm lazy like that)
Cook for 45 minutes, let cool.
reheat oven to 300 and cook for another 45 minutes - I turn the cookies over before baking them a second time so they are browned on both sides, but you don't have to.
Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container