- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: depends on shape
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (you can use jarred, but this way I keep out the sugar)
- 1 cup unsalted organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh - doesn't matter)
- 2 cups oatmeal flour (I just put regular oatmeal in the blender) plus extra for dusting work surface
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 egg
- 1 t baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- mash up blueberries, then mix with peanut butter
- add blueberry peanut butter mixture to applesauce and add egg
- Incorporate dry ingredients, slowly - it will get pretty solid.
- lay parchment paper on cookie sheet, and roll dough into 1/4 inch thick layer.
- Cut into shapes if you want to - or just cut into rectangles 1/2 inch by 2 inches (I'm lazy like that)
- Cook for 45 minutes, let cool.
- reheat oven to 300 and cook for another 45 minutes - I turn the cookies over before baking them a second time so they are browned on both sides, but you don't have to.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container
NotesI recently got a new puppy, and after reading all of the labels on the back of most of the dog treats out there, decided that I wanted to make something healthier that didn't have sugar as the third or fourth ingredient. This was my first experiment with doggie cookies, and they quickly became her preferred biscuit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More