- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 11/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- To make the dulce de leche, pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into a 9-inch pie plate. Cover the pie plate with aluminum foil and place in a larger pan of hot water (do not let the water seep into or cover the milk in the dish) bake in the center of the preheated oven for 1 hour or until milk is a deep golden brown.
- If necessary, beat until smooth.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy; add the eggs one at a time, beating just until incorporated.
- Stir in the almond extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan using a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Spread the dulce de leche mixture over the blondies and sprinkle with the coconut.
- Chill before cutting into squares to serve.
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Taste of CenturyLink
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More