- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 11/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- To make the dulce de leche, pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into a 9-inch pie plate. Cover the pie plate with aluminum foil and place in a larger pan of hot water (do not let the water seep into or cover the milk in the dish) bake in the center of the preheated oven for 1 hour or until milk is a deep golden brown.
- If necessary, beat until smooth.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy; add the eggs one at a time, beating just until incorporated.
- Stir in the almond extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan using a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Spread the dulce de leche mixture over the blondies and sprinkle with the coconut.
- Chill before cutting into squares to serve.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More