- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 12 egg yolks from fresh jumbo eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 half teaspoon nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
- Heat milk and cream in a large saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly stir in cheese, them remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture to temper the egg yolks. Slowly add egg yolk mixture until simmering. Add garlic salt and nutmeg. Place back on low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens.
NotesI decided to cook cheese ravioli and wanted a good Alfredo Sauce to include with it.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Special SmoothiesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More