- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 12 egg yolks from fresh jumbo eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 half teaspoon nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
- Heat milk and cream in a large saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly stir in cheese, them remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture to temper the egg yolks. Slowly add egg yolk mixture until simmering. Add garlic salt and nutmeg. Place back on low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens.
NotesI decided to cook cheese ravioli and wanted a good Alfredo Sauce to include with it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More