- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tsp. Allspice
- 2 tsp. Dry mustard
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 15oz. cans of B&M Baked Beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 slices white American Cheese
- Slice hot dogs into bite-sized pieces. Dice onion. Combine hot dog pieces, onion and butter in skillet. Sprinkle allspice and dry mustard over hot dogs and onions. Cook hot dog mixture over medium heat until hot dog pieces are browned slightly.
- In 2 qt. Casserole, combine beans, ketchup and brown sugar. Stir hot dog mixture into beans. Chop cheese slices into pieces and mix into hot dogs and beans.
- Bake at 350º, uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
NotesI put this recipe together, trying to improve on an American classic - hot dogs and beans! I am listing it under the Kid Pleaser section here, but, my wife and I do not have children and we enjoy this every time I make it. This recipe can be doubled for larger families. Trust me, it doesn't sound like something fantastic, but once you try it, it'll become a family staple. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More