- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs potatoes, large diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, depending on your taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (or more depending on your taste)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and remove lid. Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain and place into an ice bath to cool. This will help keep the potato dices together so you dont get mashed potato salad.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl, stir in onions, italian dressing, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, toss with mayonnaise until potatoes are well coated. Stir in celery and eggs.
NotesThere are so many versions of potato salad but I just wanted to post a very basic-all-around-picnic-bbq-typical potato salad. Nothing fancy....just plain good. I've been using this recipe for years (got it out of my betty crocker cookbook that ive had for some 20 yrs) . I've tried other recipes (thinking they'd be better) and I always seem to come back to this. If nothing else, its a place to start and you can make it your own, any way you want
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Adventures in Cooking
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More