ALL AROUND, BASIC POTATO SALAD
All Around, Basic Potato Salad
- Servings: 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs potatoes, large diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, depending on your taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (or more depending on your taste)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and remove lid. Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain and place into an ice bath to cool. This will help keep the potato dices together so you dont get mashed potato salad.
Place potatoes into a large bowl, stir in onions, italian dressing, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, toss with mayonnaise until potatoes are well coated. Stir in celery and eggs.