- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Bran Buds (or 2 cups 100% Nabisco All Bran)
- 1 cup oil (or 1 cup vegetable shortening plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (or 3 cups sugar less 2 tablespoons)
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 5 teaspoons soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups All Bran
- (Note: The alternate ingredients listed in parenthesis are from a second recipe very similar except for the above three ingredients shown as alternate ingredients.)
- Pour boiling water over Bran Buds and set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar and add buttermilk and soaked Bran Buds.
- Sift and add flour, soda. salt and All Bran.
- Store in fruit jars and fill within 2 inches of top.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 6 weeks.
- Spoon out for muffins as needed.
- Do not stir before baking or spooning out.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake in preheated oven at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes.
- In a microwave oven, use 2 tablespoons of mix in a paper cup and bake for 2 1/2 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More