- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Bran Buds (or 2 cups 100% Nabisco All Bran)
- 1 cup oil (or 1 cup vegetable shortening plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (or 3 cups sugar less 2 tablespoons)
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 5 teaspoons soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups All Bran
- (Note: The alternate ingredients listed in parenthesis are from a second recipe very similar except for the above three ingredients shown as alternate ingredients.)
- Pour boiling water over Bran Buds and set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar and add buttermilk and soaked Bran Buds.
- Sift and add flour, soda. salt and All Bran.
- Store in fruit jars and fill within 2 inches of top.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 6 weeks.
- Spoon out for muffins as needed.
- Do not stir before baking or spooning out.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake in preheated oven at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes.
- In a microwave oven, use 2 tablespoons of mix in a paper cup and bake for 2 1/2 minutes.
The Social Cookbook
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More