- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2/3 cup (about 2 small 6 inch) mashed banana
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 73% cocoa dark vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 73% cocoa dark vegan chocolate chips for topping
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Lightly grease a square 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- Sift together the cocoa powder, flours, baking powder, xanthan and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a mixing bowl and an electric beater or spoon)
- Gently heat on a low flame one cup of the chocolate chips and agave until just melted and then stir in vanilla.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined.
- Mix together mashed banana and apple sauce. Fold in this mixture into the chocolate batter.
- Fold in chopped dates.
- Spoon mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the mix.
- Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- The brownies are done when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
NotesWhen I tell people that these brownies are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and soy free – the response is always “well, what’s in them?” I respond – pigilicious magic! I hit the jackpot with these brownies. They are not too sweet, and really tasty, with a moist texture and spring that is just right. I can’t get enough of them. You could always add more chocolate if you wanted a more decadent brownie. But I think they are great as they are! YUM!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More