- Cooking Time: 30 mins ready in 1 hr
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- * 2 pounds alligator meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- * 2 tablespoons vinegar
- * salt and pepper to taste
- * oil for frying
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup cornmeal
- * 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- * 2 teaspoons black pepper
- * Optional dipping sauce:
- * 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- * 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- * 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- * 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. Place alligator meat in a medium bowl, and mix with vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour oil into a large skillet to a depth of 1 inch, and heat over a medium-high flame.
- 3. Add to a large resealable bag the flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Squeeze off excess liquid from meat, and add one handful of meat to the resealable bag. Shake to coat. Remove meat, shake off excess flour, and set on a plate. Repeat with remaining meat.
- 4. When oil is hot, place meat pieces into oil, being careful not to overcrowd. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels, and serve hot.
- 5. To prepare dipping sauce, mix together in a small bowl the mayonnaise, horseradish, brown mustard, and red wine vinegar.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More