- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cups parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces butter melted
- 28 oz cream cheese - softened
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup smoked gouda grated
- 2 2/3 cup onions - medium dice
- 2 2/3 cup mixed bell peppers
- (green, red, yellow)
- 2 ounces butter
- 10 ounces alligator sausage
- (andoulille or smoked sausage okay)
- 2 2/3 cup or 1 lb of shrimp - diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tbl Fajita Majic (Paul Prudhomme)
- 1/2 tbl chipotle powder
- chive, parmagiano & creole seasoning for garnish
- Creole Mustard-Tomato Coulis (see my recipe box)
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan, add butter and press into 10-inch springform pan bake approx. 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven to set crust (lightly browned edges).
- Using mixer with paddle mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs, mix
- Add cream and Gouda. Mix until smooth.
- Consistency should be like pancake batter.
- Saute veggies until soft.
- Add seasoning and shrimp and cook until just done.
- Add sausage and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap foil around pans to prvent leakage and fill pan evenly with mix.
- Bake in water bath on the bottom rack in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove when an inserted knife is clean and the filling is set.
- Cool to cut. Remove from springmold and cut into 12 pieces.
- Serve with Creole Mustard-Tomato Coulis (see my recipe box)
NotesThis recipe is always a hit with my husband and family. I can never find alligator sausage where I live so I smoked sausage in it's place. Andouille sausage would be even better. This is a pretty appetizer that is great for brunch and tastes even better the next day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More