- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cups parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces butter melted
- 28 oz cream cheese - softened
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup smoked gouda grated
- 2 2/3 cup onions - medium dice
- 2 2/3 cup mixed bell peppers
- (green, red, yellow)
- 2 ounces butter
- 10 ounces alligator sausage
- (andoulille or smoked sausage okay)
- 2 2/3 cup or 1 lb of shrimp - diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tbl Fajita Majic (Paul Prudhomme)
- 1/2 tbl chipotle powder
- chive, parmagiano & creole seasoning for garnish
- Creole Mustard-Tomato Coulis (see my recipe box)
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan, add butter and press into 10-inch springform pan bake approx. 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven to set crust (lightly browned edges).
- Using mixer with paddle mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs, mix
- Add cream and Gouda. Mix until smooth.
- Consistency should be like pancake batter.
- Saute veggies until soft.
- Add seasoning and shrimp and cook until just done.
- Add sausage and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap foil around pans to prvent leakage and fill pan evenly with mix.
- Bake in water bath on the bottom rack in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove when an inserted knife is clean and the filling is set.
- Cool to cut. Remove from springmold and cut into 12 pieces.
- Serve with Creole Mustard-Tomato Coulis (see my recipe box)
NotesThis recipe is always a hit with my husband and family. I can never find alligator sausage where I live so I smoked sausage in it's place. Andouille sausage would be even better. This is a pretty appetizer that is great for brunch and tastes even better the next day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Jean’s Recipe File
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More