- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 6 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter with both sugars
- Add oil, vanilla and egg
- Fold in oats, nuts, cornflakes and coconut
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour and mix well
- Form into balls the size of walnuts and place on ungreased cookie sheets
- Flatten with a fork dipped in a bit of flour
- Bake 12 minutes at 325 degrees and cool on wire racks.
- While cooling, melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Once cookies cool, drizzle with chocolate.
NotesAnother recipe from back in high school, this one a favorite from a good friend. After she made them for one of my annual "Lonely Hearts Club" Valentine's Day parties, I started making these at Christmas time, too. They are always a big hit with the family, and now my little nephews love them, too. They are not exactly healthy, but the best cookies never are!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More