- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. to make the lemon filling: in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. stir in butter. place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. remove from heat. pour filling into baked pastry shell.
- 3. to make the meringue: in a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. add sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- 4. bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.
- ** photo from epinettes on livejournal
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
50 Shades of Taste
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More