- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRecipe found in "Death by Chocolate Cookies" by Marcel Desaulniers.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Heat the granulated sugar, water, and corn syrup in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil, stirring often, until the temperature of the syrup reaches 250 degrees farenheit, about 5 minutes.
- As soon as the syrup begins boiling, place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a balloon whip.
- Whisk on high until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Change the mixer speed to medium.
- Carefully and slowly pour the 250-degree-farenheit syrup into the whisked egg whites, and continue to whisk on medium until the meringue is very thick, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Working quickly, use a rubber spatula to fold the walnuts and then the chocolate morsels into the meringue, creating a variegated mixture. Divide the mixture in to 24 heaping tablespoons onto two large pieces of wax paper, using your finger to push the mixture off the spoon and onto the wax paper.
- Allow to cool to room temperature for about an hour before storing in a tightly sealed plastic container.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More