- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breast, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups broth
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat or butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- oil for deep frying
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and sherry and marinate for 15 minutes
- While chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce. Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Gradually mix in the chicken broth, mushrooms (if using), chicken fat or butter, soy sauce, and bouillon granules. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for 1 minute, and keep warm.
- To prepare batter; beat together the cornstarch, flour, baking powder, egg and water until smooth. Coat each piece of chicken with the batter. Heat wok or a large skillet and add oil to a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat to 375 degrees. Cook coated chicken pieces on oil until they are golden,, turning them once. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Drain the chicken on a tempura rack if you have one, or on a paper towel.
- Cut chicken diagonally into strips. Reassemble the strips into chicken breast shapes and place on a bed of shredded lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds and green onion. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More