- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 7-9
- Preparation Time: 15
- For The Crust:
- 3 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon crushed almond brickle chips
- For The Cake:
- 2 8-ounce packages nonfat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- For The Topping:
- 2 tablespoons crushed almond brickle chips
- 1 8-ounce container light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Spray an 8-inch* spring form pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the crust: Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs all over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle brickle chips over crumbs.
- Prepare the cake: Using an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add in eggs, lemon zest and almond extract. Reduce speed to low, add Greek yogurt until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cheese until set, about 1 hour. Turn off oven allow to sit in the oven with door ajar for 10 minutes. Remove from oven place on a wire cooling rack, allow to completely cool for 1 hour. Then place in refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours, overnight is recommended.
- Prepare to serve and garnish with toppings: Remove cheesecake from refrigerator, place on serving platter. Remove sides of pan. Using a pastry bag pipe whipped topping around edges of cake. Sprinkle top with brickle and arrange slivered almonds in a decorative manner.
- *can divide cheesecake between 4-4 1/2 inch spring form pans
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More